I know it seems like I’m slacking, but I just can’t get these out fast enough! I watched this week’s episode last night, and I’m still shocked by how many of these girls appear to be refreshingly normal. I mean, what is wrong with Emily or Jackie? or Britt for that matter? (except that she doesn’t speak often) Anyway.....
Alli - Poor Alli was so stoked for her one on one date. I think she really wanted the alone time with him to recover from her glass shattering scream that she let out when she saw a beetle in the house. I can’t imagine that Brad’s dates are that close to the house and her shriek caused both him and Michelle to stop talking. That’s right, Michelle was caught off guard. Either the scream or the wine glass shattering. I only hear that sound when I let Melissa Lorimer use one of the good glasses over here. Then, Alli’s date begins. On miniature horses. I thought ABC had enough money to spring for some full sized mares, but whatever. Then, her “romantic” date involved spiders, bats and dark, damp caves. Forget the shopping spree, that’s my dream date! All topped off by an island bog dinner that was like watching paint dry. “What is this?” “It’s chicken.” How she saw herself going anywhere with Brad other than back to the airport is beyond me. Bye, Alli.
Emily - So, there’s only one thing I found wrong with Emily - her taste in bathing suits. It really looked like it was circa 1980, and to borrow Krysta’s comparison, the Ellie Mae ruffles were just too much. Tone down the southern, butterbean. And while I appreciate that she was swimming in the hot tub, that’s what God invented waterproof make-up for. Sorry, friend, but it wasn’t your best moment.
Chantal - The first part of their date was both Brad and Chantal talking about getting back to their own ways and what was lost - haven’t they only known each other for two weeks? I’ve lost keys for longer than that! Then the rain came back (just like on the first date.) They felt it was a sign. Um, you’re in a rainforest. I’m pretty sure it’s more likely to rain than not. If it had been Michelle on the date, I would have accused her of staging the rain to get into Brad’s room and his shirt. But, it was cute since it was Chantal. However, the overkill on the ‘I really like you’, ‘I want to be with you forever’, ‘I miss you when you’re not there’ was a little much. We got it, Chantal, you like him. You don’t get a prize for most times said in a 10 minute time period. Luckily she already had a rose before the final ceremony, because I think her dress could have put her out of the running. Is it me or is her taste really weird? Enough making fun because I really did think she was sweet when she told him she knew she loved him when she stopped worrying about how much time she got to see him and started worrying about how he was feeling in a situation. I smell a winner!!!!
Michelle - I can’t even do this in paragraph form because there’s too much. So, here are my bullets - please comment if you want to add anything!
- Michelle was driving the jeep? I would not have gotten in that car with a psycho behind the wheel.
- you think CHANTAL is egotistical and aggressive? mirror, much?
- JACKIE is dramatic by saying she’s scared of heights? do you suffer from short term memory loss?
- “if he can’t make a decision, I’ll be forced to take matters into my own hands” - um......it’s called the Bachelor, not Random Bachelorette Takes Over
- ‘Hola’ - showing up unannounced in the dark is really creepy - so is telling Brad to figure it out on your own when you have spent 2 weeks telling him what to do
- a rose?!?! seriously?!?!?!? Brad - were you in the same conversation that we watched? Give her your psychiatrist’s number and GET OUT!
PS - I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I really wanted to thank the producers for taking out the awkward ‘I’m going to look at picture of all my girls after the rose ceremony and talk about them before I hand out roses.’ :)
I know, I know. I really like most of who is left. Michelle is bananas! I canNOT believe she has a child. That scares me! Alli was a weirdo. I mean, she ticked me off when she was dissing Emily. And, yes, Chantal has very weird tastes. Nice write-up, as usual!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteit should be embarrassing how much i look forward to watching the show and reading your blog each week........this is too much fun! nuts, bananas....none of those terms are strong enough to describe michelle. she scares me! LLG
ReplyDeleteCan we talk about the Mexican soap opera music that plays every time one of the girls is kissing Brad. It totally cracks me up. Michelle, Michelle, Michelle - There are no words.
ReplyDeleteI also noticed that they removed the individual photo scan session. In the words of Daniel Tosh who I think is super hot - "And for that, we thank you!" As for the girls, I'm starting to lose interest because it's like a repeat of Jake's season. You have the top girl that everyone loves (Emily), the girl in the middle (maybe Chantal or Shawntel), and then the really crazy girl (Michelle) who he may end up picking because he is totally a man thinking with his $#@&. Whatever, great post Allison! Until next week......
ReplyDelete