Well, you know you’re a big time blogger when you need a guest blogger and our own Allison has hit that status! So for weeks 2 and 3 I will be filling in for DJ Alli K who has been taking some family time. I realize I don’t hold a candle to Allison’s wit, so please don’t judge me too harshly!
With that said – I am going off memory for Week 2, so forgive any errors in the order of which things occurred, but a few things should be discussed:
We opened up with Ashley H. aka the Dancing Dentist getting the first solo date card. Is it just me or is it a coincidence that Ashley H. resembles Hermey the Dentist Elf from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?? I keep waiting for her to burst into song “Why am I such a misfit? I am not just a nitwit. You can't fire me, I quit. Seems I don't fit in...” Anyway, her and Brad flit around the carnival and after the obligatory shots of cuteness, they sit down and share their stories of deadbeat dads and bond. She gets a rose and they make out.
Back at the ranch, we learn there will be a 15 girl date and the claws come out! I don’t know if you guys caught this during the episode, but it was Michelle’s birthday. Her 30th birthday. And she wanted it to be special. It was her birthday. She turned 30. She just wanted to feel special. It was her birthday. That day was her birthday. It was her 30th birthday. The day they shot the PSA’s was her birthday. Sheesh. I’ve been around 5 year olds who didn’t talk about their birthday that much! The drama of the day unfolded with the ladies whining over the parts they had to play (although in Keltie’s defense, that get-up was awful! But I feel like she could have caught Brad’s eye if she took it in stride and laughed about it.) After convincing us she came to the show straight from a life spent at a nunnery, Britt shocked everyone by confusing the American Red Cross with the American Porn Association. Honest mistake.
Since it was Michelle’s birthday (not sure if you guys caught that) she was unhappy that everyone was focused on Britt and since it was her birthday, even if it wasn’t her party, she decided she could cry if she wanted to. Filming came to a halt and Brad consoled her with his first of many declarations that we would have a drama free day. Good luck with that one Brad!
Madison – you frighten me. I can’t decide if I want you to stay and be outrageous or get off the show and quit giving me nightmares!
The day of the filming was Michelle’s birthday. To reward her for her psychosis – Brad gives her a rose and she pretty much became the enemy of every girl there when she started waving the rose around in their faces.
Jackie gets the next one-on-one date and while I like Jackie, something about her bothers me. Can’t put my finger on it. Anyway, she gets the princess treatment and Brad keeps telling her she deserves it. I guess I’m cynical because I kept wondering how does Brad know that she deserves to be treated like a princess when he doesn’t even know her last name. Whatevs! They have an amazing date and get to talking and she reveals that she has only dated 2 people, and was single during college. Brad freaks out and thinks she’s a commitment-phobe. Personally – I figured maybe she was just a slut during college, but she chose not to alert Brad if that was the case. Guess it was best she didn’t tell him that since she got a rose.
Later, during the cocktail party – since it was just her birthday and she figured out how easy it was to manipulate Brad, Michelle steals him away to ask him what his favorite place to get coffee is. Seriously. She’s a nut job who can’t handle not being the center of attention. I’m pretty sure that is obvious to everyone but Brad at this point.
Meanwhile – Raichel and Melissa are fighting. About something. That no one seems to understand. Thankfully everyone’s favorite couple Ali and Roberto stop by and in a surprising act of restraint - in that neither of them were dry-humping the other – interview all the ladies. Luckily, Raichel and Melissa are too stupid to keep their mouths shut and they feel the need to discuss their fight with everyone that will listen and they both get sent home that evening. Melissa – I’m no beauty queen, but someone needs to alert you to sunscreen and moisturizer because you aren’t aging so well sweetie. The phrase ‘rode hard and put up wet’ is all I can think when I look at you.
Emily (who I can’t look at without thinking that Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette got together and did her hair and make-up) came out as the sweetheart of week 2. She got the last pre-ceremony rose.
Along with Raichel and Melissa, Keltie took her two-toned hair and high-kicked it back to Radio City Music Hall.
Can't wait to see what Week 3 brings!!
Krysta
Great job Krysta! I love Shawntel and I'm glad I picked her to win even though I'm sure I've got it wrong this time. MICHELLE IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!! And, why do all of them have to cry every single time a camera is on them!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank Melisa! Alli K's footsteps are hard to follow!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Krysta, you are too funny! I laughed out loud many times when I read this. Can't wait to read about tonight's mania! HAHAHAHA!
ReplyDelete~Hils