Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Week 7 - Playing around in Portugal

So, I think it's just me, but the episodes are getting more boring. I think that means that the people left are getting more normal. Like people who carry themselves in a way that you think someone would want to be with them for the rest of their life.

Due to the shortened episode because of the 45 minute train wreck that followed, I'm going to be brief.

Roberto - Ali feels like he is still a mystery, and, if I'm being honest, I do, too! What else do we know about him besides he likes making out, dancing and being really hot? And that once he was good at baseball? And certainly still way better than me at baseball, so I'll back off there. He's a beautiful Latino man who likes blonde girls and having bushy eyebrows.

Frank - Frankie got all ominous last night - "there's one thing I have to tell Ali.......................................and it's that I live at home with my parents." Normally, that is big information, but when you're competing with guys named Rated R, guys who get a tattoo at the drop of a hat and guys who prematurely, um, ya know, this is not that big of a bombshell. Especially in a recession. :) Lucky for him, Ali doesn't mind. I bet she would after awhile. After Frank and Ali stopped sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, things were pretty low key for Frank. Until he started freaking out that Chris L had an advantage having a date the day of the rose ceremony. Relax, Frank. Chill. Besides, you don't know this yet, but you're about to break her heart in Tahiti. I know. I saw the previews.

Ty - Our cowboy rode off into the sunset last night. I mean, thunderstorm. I can't believe they couldn't lend him an umbrella for the walk to the limo. Or one for Ali. Times are tough on set at the Bachelorette.

Chris L - Talk about a positive attitude. Chris kicked off his date saying as long as it doesn't involve oil wrestling, I'm good. Such a good guy. However, he didn't realize that he was going to be portrayed as grandma on a moped. Although, I do respect the "I don't want to be the guy that kills the Bachelorette" plan. Good strategy. I was getting a little nervous for my guy Chris last night when Ali talked about how slow they were progressing. But he rallied BIG TIME with the bracelet and waiting until last night to give it to her. Nice job, Chris L. You earned your time in the grass with Ali. Can't wait to meet your dad, either.

Kirk - I'm getting over him. Big time. Loved when he was walking in the castle and said he wasn't used to this. Hold. The. Phone. You aren't used to travelling around the world with a camera crew and having secluded tours of castles in Portugal? I did enjoy the fado music they listened to. Quite different from the music I've heard from the bar with the same name.

Jake and Vienna - dear god. I'm not justifying this relationship with more than a couple sentences. All I have to say is that I NEVER thought I'd be on Vienna's side. But I am. Jake seemed like he was lying last night. Go Team (oh goodness) Vienna.

Jackie is still in first and Melisa is nipping at her heels only 9 points behind. Hopefully we'll have to use that tie breaker!

Hope everyone had an awesome holiday weekend, and I will catch all of you next week!

3 comments:

  1. I would have to agree about Roberto. As much as I love him, he is still a mystery. But I think she's so infactuated (and in lust) with him, she'll keep him around a little longer.

    I was scared for Chris too. But he's the one guy I think she would have a long relationship outside of this crazy setting.

    I can't wait to see the crap that Frank pulls out. What a jerk to decide to wait until the end to break the poor girl's heart. After he was so acting so jealous and talking about how much he wanted to be with her during the whole show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these episodes are boring. Things better start picking up or they really cannot justify two hours anymore. At least the hometown dates will include more people, because the formula of drink, eat, drink, make out is getting old. These guys are all pretty normal, which is why I cut Chris L. a break when he seems super nervous the entire date. It feels awkward watching them sometimes. I am still team Roberto because he is hot and seems genuinely nice and normal...not everyone needs a dramatic backstory.

    As for Jake and Vienna I totally agree! I never cared that much for here one way or the other (probably because I didn't like Jake enough to care who he ended up with) but I definitely believed her last night. Jake is a fame whore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late in getting caught up - but I think you are too soft on crazy creepster Frank. "Something else that's brought my family closer" What baloney. It brought your family closer that you are a slacker with no job or home? Whatevs. Go home Ted Bundy.

    ReplyDelete