Let's get the big one out of the way first. I'm pretty sure I saw Kirk's dad on America's Most Wanted.
Ali's got four really different people - hot latino Roberto, down home laid back Chris, ridiculously quirky Kirk and 'I cry like I'm a girl' Frank.
Roberto - She said she was a little nervous about meeting his parents because he is still a mystery to her. Yeah, I agree. I know you want to jump him (and you do most times) everytime you see him, but I'm not sure how his parents were going to receive their constant making out. Luckily, Ali got all of her jumping and kissing out of the way on the baseball field (Robert was H-O-T in the baseball uniform, even though she'd love him in a potato sack, too) so they had a nice dinner with his parents. I really liked his family - loved the dancing! He's from good people. :)
Chris L - okay, I officially don't want Ali to pick him. Because I want to go to Cape Cod and find him. I adore him. I adore that he had on a hoodie on the beach. I adore that his dog can only fetch and not drop the ball. I adore that he says his dog can do tricks, but she can't even sit. But most of all, I love his family. They were so sweet and genuine. His sister-in-laws seemed like they had been a part of the family forever. Plus, Chris' advice was that if Ali got them bombed, they'd love her. And even though Chris' whale sex line was funny, it wasn't my favorite part. I was crying throughout the whole date. Poor Chris is just jealous that his brothers got to introduce their wives (or future wife) to his mom, and he won't get to. Luckily Chris had his dad telling him that she is playing a part in all of this and is looking down. Plus, he doesn't want Ali to pick him. He wants her to fall for him. I'll fall for you, Chris. And even though Chris' dad told Ali she stole his roommate, I love him, too. To finish it all off, Chris and Ali got to make-out in the tower. I think it's great that he waited for them to connect as friends before they made out like teenagers. Good for you, Chris.
Frank - Totally normal and great family. I would love to spend time with them. So does Ali. If he wasn't going to break her heart next week, she could very likely be picking him in the end. She told his parents she only kept him around because she felt bad for him. His dad said, "Us, too." If only he didn't require the constant reassurance, I could really get onboard with Frank. Oh, and because he wears Simon Cowell scoop neck tee-shirts. I shouldn't have noticed how smooth your chest was last night, Frank.
Kirk - So, as they walk into his dad's house, the first thing I thought was holy goodness, that is a lot of CRAP! Plates on the mantel, on the curtains, hunting ducks on the couch, need I go on? Oh wait, I do need to. Because one of the first thing's Kirk's dad said to Ali was, "Would you like to go see my basement?" Crickets in the living room. His wife and Kirk look terrified. Ali, being the trooper she is, says sure. However, when he asked if she wanted to go first, she let him. Good move - because you're going to an animal morgue. It was incredibly awkward. My favorite was the caribou feet that he put eyes on. But,shockingly, none of this was the worst. The worst was the freezer of dead animal parts. Yes - dead animal parts. Like you find in the freezer section at a supermarket. Except these parts, no one wants to buy. So they're in Kirk's dad's basement. Even though he did get nicer and told Ali she seems like a great gal, I'm still thinking the most normal one in the family is the 6 year old sister. Kirk's mom, sister and grandmom were better. I really enjoyed Kirk's mom's Snooki hair poof. I did feel bad for Ali kicking Kirk off, but she did the right thing.
Alright, number 1 and 2 are the same (Jackie and Melisa.) The rest of us, just give up on it.
Don't forget that the animal parts are kept in the SAME freezer as the POPSICLES and stuff....GROSS!!!
ReplyDeleteI hate that Frank can act like this and break her heart next week. I might track him down when I'm in Chi-town in a few weeks and tell him not to mess with anymore of my BFF's. LOSER!
Good job, Al! I'll road trip to Cape Cod with you!
I also needed tissues for the Chris segment - he's awesome!!
ReplyDeleteHowever, you are giving Frank a little too much credit - there were no sleeves on that t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay... everyone keeps knocking Frank, but I like him. However, I am really starting to think that he might be in love with Roberto, too. (Who isn't?) Chris is a cutie ptootie. I have to say nice job to Ali (the 'rette) on keeping the three most normal dudes. AND... nice job to DJ ALLI K for keeping it real, as always! These blogs are sooo entertaining! :-P
ReplyDeleteI've always liked Chris, but I fell in love with him and his totally awesome and normal family after this week. Allison, if Ali does not pick him (and to be honest I am getting nervous that she picks no one, especially after Frank's shenanigans next week) you better go after him! I fully support 100% stalker mode!
ReplyDeleteI want to change my final selection to say Ali picks no one. Her "woe is me, I don't want my heart to get hurt, I'm so scared" act is getting very old. Hello - why did you go on the Bachelor and Bachelorette series not once, but twice if you were scared to be with someone. Find a counselor to deal with your daddy issues -they are getting a little old.
ReplyDeleteAllison - I will help you find Chris. Just say the word.
I am laughing really hard right now. I was hoping you would spend the bulk of the blog about Kirk's dad and that hideously decorated house they live in. Did anyone notice that the same piece of fabric (reds and dark colors) that showed up at the end of the show with candles on it during one of Ali's date updates was also covering up some large pointy thing in the living room of Kirk's dad's house (right before they went to the basement)? It obviously was hiding something. At first I thought maybe it was a tee pee - because anything is possible in that house - but, that same fabric showed up later and I think the producers found something very strange that needed to be hidden. Go back and look! I do love Chris L more and more and she would be silly not to pick a great family of lushes who love wine and live in Cape Cod!!! Allison, this was one of the better ones!!! Keep 'em comin!
ReplyDelete