Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bachelorette Madness - Week 11 - Proposal in Paradise

So, this post is later than ever because I just spent another 3 hours of my life dedicated to the Bachelorette. Last night was a blast at my house with 18 ladies (counting Miss Mia and Miss Morgan) but it made it hard to realize what was going on. Except that she picked the sweaty Latino.

There was a lot of love last night and not a lot of stupidity which make it hard to be funny. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try!

Chris L - First off, he showed up with a cornucopia of fruit for her parents. It's Tahiti, Chris, not Thanksgiving. However, it seemed to work - her family loved him. They may just adopt him anyway. Poor Chris was incredibly confident, telling her siblings he's going to propose, they're going to see him more....um, not so much. It's shocking though, because Ali's mom is a nurse, Chris' mom was a nurse.....Chris' dad taught high school, Ali's dad taught high school, Chris taught high school, Ali's sister teaches.....Chris' dad grew up in Montreal, Ali's dad was born in Montreal......probably best they didn't end up together. I think they were related somewhere along the way. Chris L is still my fave. My cousin just asked if the reason I hadn't sent the blog yet was because I was driving to Cape Cod. Not yet, but it's coming.

Roberto - at dinner, Ali's dad asked what Roberto's favorite baseball team is. Tip for you Roberto. When anyone from Boston asks that question, ESPECIALLY your future father in law, you say the Red Sox. I don't care who you played MLB for. But at least you didn't make up a team like your fiance - the Tampa Blue Rays. Luckily, his dad gave his blessing by saying he didn't have a problem with him asking for her hand in marriage. Isn't that like saying you don't absolutely detest something instead of liking it? Luckily, Mr. Fedetowsky gave the same blessing to Chris, so I don't think it was personal. When he asked her mom what to do to keep her happy, she said to keep doing what you're already doing? Being hot? That seems to be working for Ali. Both in terms of looks and actual sweating capability. The poor boy really needs some Right Guard. For his face. No wonder he loved hanging out in the rain - it covered up the perspiration! Honestly though, Roberto rules. The note on the back of the picture that ended with "let's dance forever" in Spanish, the awesome, awesome proposal.....he did great. I feel like he spoke more in the last episode and in the After the Rose more than the whole season. I really thought she only was lusting after him, but they really are cute. They made a secret handshake one weekend for goodness sake and "went to the movies together" on two different coasts. Very cute.

It was very emotional last night in a ton of good ways and a few sad ones. Ali dumping Chris broke my heart because I had to watch it twice. And I don't care how often they have rainbows in Tahiti, that was amazing for Chris to have that moment with his mom after Ali dumped him. Amazing.

So, now it's the moment you've all been waiting for.......no, not the winner, it's Bachelor Pad time! I still have no idea what's going on, but I will try to do more blogs. However, I can't be housebound every Monday night anymore. So, there's a strong possibility that it will be sent out on Thursdays.

Now, back to the winner. We got to use the tie-breaker! Both Melisa Cook and Jackie DiAmicis had 159 points. And both picked blue. And I gave myself an ulcer today trying to figure out the winner. However, when I talked to Melisa, she said to pick whoever I thought I needed to. And when I talked to Jackie, she said to pick Melisa. She said she thinks Melisa was closer, and Jackie already won last season. So, our Bachelorette Ali winner is Melisa Cook with $192! Congratulations! And Jackie came in second with $36.

Now for the other prize - last place. The "winner" here took an early lagging position and stayed strong. Jennifer Gornto....you are now $12 richer! Take a cue from what I told Lucy last year - don't spend it all in one place.

So happy all of you played this season - it was lots of fun.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. so much fun! it was awesome.....thanks for continuing to do this for us! looking forward to the bachelor pad-bracket or not! and, to next bachelor or bachelorette! congrats to the winners and loser! LLG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I am the loser! Woo-hoo, $12! I may use the same strategy next time (pick at random from 1 photo of the guys). Haha. It was a blast, thanks for all of the great commentary. Wish I was there with you guys last night, but I was imagining all of the funny comments.

    ReplyDelete